CDRBill

CDRBill

Design For How People Learn (Voices That Matter)
Julie Dirksen
The Seventh Book of Lost Swords: Wayfinder's Story
Fred Saberhagen

The Way of Kings

The Way of Kings - Brandon Sanderson It took me a while to really get into this book. In the first few pages you are overwhelmed by terms like 'Desolations', 'Dustbringers', 'Shardblades', 'Oathpact' and 'Radiants' with no explanation. I felt swamped by the world building and descriptions of the ecology. But once you get past this and really get in to characters and the story you begin to trust that all will be revealed in time (maybe not in this book, but in one of the other porposed nine in the series).

Other reviews have gone into a lot of detail about the storyline and characters so I want duplicate the effort here. Suffice it to say, I am so glad that I pushed through the first few chapters and stuck with this book. I cannot give enough superlatives. I will be reading much more Brandon Sanderson. This has to be one of my all time favorites. I have already started the second book, [b:Words of Radiance|17332218|Words of Radiance (The Stormlight Archive, #2)|Brandon Sanderson|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1391535251s/17332218.jpg|16482835] (The Stormlight Archive, #2) !